past and future...
The Big Picture
The Casey Jones State Trail was the first legislatively authorized trail in the state, with enabling legislation passed in 1967. The original intent was that the route would be the abandoned railroad grade in Pipestone and Murray Counties and then sweep northeast through Slayton to Lake Shetek State Park.
Friends of the Casey Jones Trail Association
The Friends of the Casey Jones Trail Association is a 501c3 organization. We advocate for the development of the Casey Jones state trail and maintenance of the existing trail, which is owned by the State of Minnesota and managed by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
- 6/23/2017: Casey Jones Trail picks up speed with $600,000
- 5/25/2017: The Annual Meeting of the Friends of the Casey Jones Trail Association will
be Wednesday, June 14 at 1 p.m. at the Hiawatha Lodge in Pipestone (805 3rd Avenue
NW). Anyone may attend! (agenda and directions)
- 3/1/2017: Parks & Trail's Council of Minnesota's 2017 "Day on the Hill" will be 3/15/2017.
- 5/20/2016: "On 50th birthday, Casey Jones State Trail needs funding for updating and completion"
- 3/7/2016: Senator Bill Weber discussed the 2016 bonding request for the Casey Jones Trail
with Friends of the Casey Jones Trail Association members on Monday, March 7 at the
Luverne Area Chamber of Commerce office.
Copyright © 2018 Friends of the Casey Jones Trail Association